Who we are:
Mometrix is an independent test preparation company that strives to provide every test-taker with the best possible tools to prepare for their exam. To accomplish this goal, we create study materials in a variety of formats to accommodate a wide range of learning styles.
What we do:
We believe that good products come from good people. That’s why we seek out the most qualified, knowledgeable, and attentive writers and editors to ensure that our products for a given test cover all of the material needed in a clean, precise, and memorable way that simultaneously increases understanding and decreases test anxiety.
Where you fit in:
Right now, we are looking for a smart, motivated individual with experience in the US financial industry to evaluate, edit, and supplement exam study materials for various financial industry exams, such as the FINRA qualification exams. Outstanding candidates must be self-starters, willing and able to respond positively to constructive feedback, and able to commit to at least 15 hours per week. Writing or editing experience is preferred but not required. If this sounds like something you’d like to help us with, please consider joining our team.
To do the job well, you will need:
- Experience with multiple FINRA qualification exams
- Strong up-to-date working knowledge of the US financial industry
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word
If you’re hired, you will:
- Evaluate, edit, and supplement financial exam study materials to ensure accuracy, suitability, and topic coverage
- Perform diligent research to support and enhance personal understanding of the content
- Receive feedback from various sources and make content edits in response
- Provide feedback as needed to writers producing content for financial exams
- Respond quickly and positively to constructive feedback on your own work
- Provide regular updates to demonstrate continued progress
To facilitate your work, we will:
- provide you with instructions and resources.
- review and give feedback as you submit work.
- answer any questions you have as they come up.
Compensation for this position is $30 per hour.
If you’d like to apply, please submit your resume in the contact box below. If you don’t possess the exact qualifications we have listed here, but still believe that you can provide what we’re looking for, send us a note and tell us why.
*This is a CONTRACTOR position open to anyone working in the US remotely.
Comments or questions are welcome.