Who we are:
Mometrix is an independent test preparation company that strives to provide every test-taker with the best possible tools to prepare for their exam. To accomplish this goal, we create study materials in a variety of formats to accommodate a wide range of learning styles.
What we do:
We believe that good products come from good people. That’s why we seek out the most qualified, knowledgeable, and attentive writers and editors to ensure that our products for a given test cover all of the material needed in a clean, precise, and memorable way that simultaneously increases understanding and decreases test anxiety.
Where you fit in:
Right now, we are looking for a smart, motivated certified Marital and Family Therapist to create exceptional new instructional content that will help test-takers succeed on the AMFTRB’s Marital and Family Therapy national certification exam. Outstanding candidates must be self-starters, willing and able to respond positively to constructive feedback, and able to commit to 15 hours per week. Writing and/or editing experience is preferred but not required. If this sounds like something you’d like to help us with, please consider joining our team.
To do the job well, you will need:
- A current or past MFT license
- Strong working knowledge of the following topics: theories of marital and family therapy, assessing and diagnosing client situations, designing and implementing treatment plans, managing crisis situations, and ethical, legal, and professional standards
- Strong written communication skills
- Solid working knowledge of mainstream word processors (Microsoft Word, Google Docs, etc.)
If you’re hired, you will:
- Perform diligent research, supporting and bolstering personal understanding of the content in order to communicate it effectively and thoroughly
- Write high quality, unique instructional content to help us best serve customers
- Work with our project managers to ensure submitted work meets required specifications
- Respond quickly and positively to constructive feedback, making all necessary edits to submitted work
- Provide weekly updates to demonstrate steady progress
To facilitate your work, we will:
- provide you with instructions and resources.
- review and give feedback as you submit work.
- answer any questions you have as they come up.
If you’d like to apply, please submit your resume in the contact box below. If you don’t possess the exact qualifications we have listed here, but still believe that you can provide what we’re looking for, send us a note and tell us why.
*This is a CONTRACTOR position open to anyone working in the US remotely.