Who we are:
Mometrix is an independent test preparation company that strives to provide every test-taker with the best possible tools to prepare for their exam. To accomplish this goal, we create study materials in a variety of formats to accommodate a wide range of learning styles.
What we do:
We believe that good products come from good people. That’s why we seek out the most qualified, knowledgeable, and attentive writers and editors to ensure that our products for a given test cover all of the material needed in a clean, precise, and memorable way that simultaneously increases understanding and decreases test anxiety.
Where you fit in:
Right now, we are looking for a smart, motivated Middle Grades Mathematics Teacher to create exceptional new instructional content that will help test-takers succeed on the Texas Education Agency’s STAAR Grade 6 Mathematics Test. Outstanding candidates must be self-starters, willing and able to respond positively to constructive feedback, and able to commit to 15 hours per week. Writing and/or editing experience is preferred but not required.
To do the job well, you will need:
- A TExES certified teacher with experience teaching mathematics at the 6th through 8th grade level
- Strong working knowledge of the following topics: STAAR Grades 6, 7, and 8 mathematics. Middle grades mathematics, science and English language preferred
- Strong written communication skills
- Must have a TExES certification or equivalent in at least one of the following areas: Mathematics 4-8, Mathematics/Science 4-8, Mathematics 7-12, Core Subjects EC-6.
- Solid working knowledge of mainstream word processors (Microsoft Word, Google Docs, etc.)
If you’re hired, you will:
- Perform diligent research, supporting and bolstering personal understanding of the content in order to communicate it effectively and thoroughly
- Write high quality, unique instructional content to help us best serve customers
- Work with our project managers to ensure submitted work meets required specifications
- Respond quickly and positively to constructive feedback, making all necessary edits to submitted work
- Provide weekly updates to demonstrate steady progress
To facilitate your work, we will:
- provide you with instructions and resources.
- review and give feedback as you submit work.
- answer any questions you have as they come up.
If you’d like to apply, please submit your resume in the contact box below. If you don’t possess the exact qualifications we have listed here, but still believe that you can provide what we’re looking for, send us a note and tell us why.
*This is a CONTRACTOR position open to anyone working in the US remotely.